A Masters in Chemistry is a postgraduate degree in chemistry. The minimum time to complete the course is 2 years. In terms of scope, there are various higher studies options for students pursuing postgraduate chemistry. One can even enroll in research programs after completing post-graduation in chemistry.
There is a huge opening for those candidates who have completed their master"s degrees in chemistry. The M. Sc. course allows students to specialize in various fields of chemistry such as organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and physical chemistry, etc. Candidates can look for jobs in both government and private sector organizations, which are willing to work outside India, they can opt for it. Well.
The application of chemistry is required in almost all industrial sectors. One can be a chemist which is one of the most common jobs in this field. A job is required to identify the chemical composition of a substance, its chemical properties, and its behavior when exposed to the chemical reaction Dabur, Ranbaxy, Hindustan Lever, etc.
M. Sc. Chemistry subjects that students are studying at the time pursuing M. Sc. Chemistry such as given below:-
The M. Sc. Chemistry career opportunities after qualification the degree are as follows:
- Analytical Chemist:- Analytical chemists assess the chemical composition and nature of substances. His skills are required for many purposes, including drug development, forensic analysis, and toxicology. Analytical chemists can specialize in fields as diverse as toxicology, Pharmaceuticals, and forensics.
- Biochemist:- The biochemist is responsible for planning complex research projects, designing relevant experiments and developing studies to improve research and experimentation. They are often tasked with designing studies and experiments that research the effects of drugs, hormones, or nutrients on a particular biological organism.
- Biomedical Chemist:- Biomedical chemists are medical scientists. They conduct scientific research and apply chemical principles to best treat human diseases, their origins and their best. They also manufacture and study new pharmaceutical drugs for treatment.
- Chemical Analyst:- Chemical analysts develop knowledge of new products or new products and prepare reports, standards and technical papers for testing, products, and processes. They are also awarded researchers, engineers or scientists for analyzing, developing tests and interpreting results.
- Chemist:- Development, improvement, and optimization of products, devices, formulas, processes and analytical methods. Discussing with scientists and engineers to analyze, interpret and develop the test. Introduction to heat, light, energy and chemical catalysts for chemical substances to induce reactions.
- Food and Drug Inspector:- Food and drug inspectors are responsible for inspecting establishments where foods, medicines, and similar consumer goods are manufactured, handled, stored, or sold to enforce legal standards of cleanliness, purity, and grading.
- Industrial Research Scientist:- Industrial scientists carry out research and development work in areas such as agriculture, food science, environmental science, earth science, pharmaceutical science, engineering and technology with a commercial focus. Industrial scientists invent, develop and troubleshoot new products and techniques.
- Lab Chemist:- Lab chemists analyze chemical compounds and use the information they receive for the ultimate goal of using those chemicals to improve their quality of life. They work in many industries, such as pharmaceuticals or petrochemicals.
Many public and private sector job opportunities are available for candidates who have completed their master"s in chemistry. They can also look for jobs in their chosen field of study. Both public and private sector companies recruit candidates for their various functions. M Sc in chemistry opens doors to a wide range of career scope for the candidates. Chemistry is involved in our everyday lives and there is a wide range of jobs and careers open to those who have studied chemistry at master level like : to solve global challenges such as human health, energy and the environment, for the better future in the various fields like in microbiology, biotechnology, forensic laboratories etc.