M. Sc. Genetics and Plant breeding course is a branch of agriculture through genetic technology, it is a 2- year postgraduate degree that is affiliated by the Shri Dev Suman University. The program is truly interdisciplinary, with membership from agronomy, biochemistry, botany, forest and wildlife ecology, genetics, horticulture, plant pathology, and statistics. Plant Breeding is the science and art of improving crop plants through the study and application of genetics, agronomy, statistics, plant pathology, entomology, and related sciences.
Eligibility criteria for the M. Sc. Genetics and Plant Breeding are given below:-
M. Sc. Genetics and plant Breeding course fee structure is given below of session 2020-21
Subjects for the M. Sc. Genetics and Plant breeding students studying in
These are the profile there you are applying after the course are given below to the content:-
- Plant Breeder:- Plant breeders (also known as geneticists) conduct scientific research in plant and crop-based agriculture to improve plant breeding techniques and develop new strains of crops. Plant breeders work to grow disease and drought-resistant crops while increasing yields to meet consumer needs.
- Agronomist:- Agronomists are scientists who search for ways to increase soil productivity (in other words, to raise more food on the same amount of soil). They also work to improve seed quality and nutritional value of crops. They may serve in soil testing, land assessment or planning, and management positions.
- Research Associate:- Research partners help companies increase workload and improve products. They gather data, conduct design tests and help ensure that the information is properly recorded and evaluated. They can also participate in clean and administrative duties.
- Professor:- Professors (Level E) provides academic leadership to the University, primarily promoting excellence and performance in research, teaching, professional activities, and policy development at various levels - within the academic discipline, within the academic unit, within the institution.
- Lecturer:- Lecturers are subject matter experts who design, develop and deliver content using multiple methods and platforms. They build course materials, lesson plans, and syllabi, conduct research and fieldwork, engage with students, assist with processing applications, and also participate in interviews, conferences and meetings.
- Cotton Agronomist:- Agronomists experiment to develop the best methods to increase the quality and production of crops. Based on their experiments, agronomists work with farmers to help them grow the best possible crops such as corn, cotton, soybeans, and wheat.
The M. Sc. is a 2-year post-graduate course in genetics and plant breeding, divided into 4 semesters of 6 months each. There is an advanced study of the course: Methods of improvement of crops and plants by giving them desirable traits. The M. Sc. Generic and plant breeding can build their career in the following fields such as Agriculture Ministry, Agriculture Sector, Nurseries, Plant Breeding Centres, Plantation Crop Farms, Colleges & Universities